Weather forces postponements, new dates
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
The rain that hit the area Monday and Tuesday has taken its toll on the area sports scene.
Among the events affected were:
• Tuesday’s game at the 179 Soccer Park between the Jefferson City Lady Jays and Hickman Kewpies was postponed until today, when it will be played at Hickman.
• The baseball game between Jefferson City and Hickman scheduled for Tuesday was canceled.
• The Helias-Marshall baseball game set for Tuesday in Marshall was cancelled.
• The baseball game between Calvary Lutheran and Father Tolton set for Tuesday was canceled. There are no common open dates for the school, so it will not be rescheduled.
• A pair of baseball games for the Blair Oaks Falcons were affected. The Falcons’ game set for Tuesday at the Falcon Athletic Complex against Warsaw, and today’s game at Eldon, were both postponed. No makeup dates have been set.
• A baseball doubleheader between Lincoln and Southwest Baptist set for today at Lincoln Field has been moved to the Bearcats’ field in Bolivar. It’s a familiar story for the Blue Tigers, as it’s the second time the teams have shifted a date to Bolivar. On March 6, Lincoln was supposed to host Southwest Baptist, but with the field unplayable after a snowstorm, the twinbill was moved.
• The Lincoln women’s tennis team was supposed to play a match at Stephens College on Tuesday. It was postponed and a makeup date has not been set yet.
• The softball games between Lincoln and Missouri Western set for today in St. Joseph have been moved to April 24, still in St. Joseph.
• The Jefferson City boys tennis team announced two schedule changes. The Jays’ match at home Tuesday against Waynesville was postponed and a makeup date has not been announced as yet. Also, Jefferson City announced its match with Camdenton set for April 29 has been shifted to April 30.
• The School of the Osage Invitational track meet set for Tuesday was canceled and will not be made up.
• The Tri-County Conference Golf Meet was moved from today until April 24.
• The Blair Oaks track teams did not get a chance to run in the Fatima Blue and Gold Relays on Tuesday, as that event was shifted to April 29.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting