Monday, April 15, 2013
In the article “For the love of the sport” in Saturday’s News Tribune, a sentence should have read: The Army maintained a biathlon training center for military athletes in Fort Richardson, Alaska from 1958-1973.
It was incorrectly placed in the story as Fort Richardson, Ark.
In addition, Chief Warrant Officer 2 Mitch Simpson was quoted as saying, “I’m not looking for someone for a weekend of shooting.”
What he said was, “I’m not looking for someone only interested in a weekend of shooting.”
More like this story
- Missouri National Guard team welcomes the challenge of winter biathlon
- Your Opinion: Puzzled by sentence
- Govt. shutdown puts service academy sports on hold
- Mental exam set for Fort Hood shooting suspect
- A Missouri drill sergeant charged with sexually assaulting eight female soldiers pleaded guilty Monday to three charges at the outset of his court-martial.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting