Freebie offers lessen sting of Tax Day
Sunday, April 14, 2013
If you’re feeling the pain when you hand over your hard-earned money to the federal government on Monday, take heart. A few businesses in Jefferson City are pledging to lessen the financial sting from Uncle Sam.
So whether you owe money or are owed money, you can take advantage of these local deals:
• FREE FRIES — Arby’s is offering free value-sized curly fries or small potato cakes. Get the coupon at www.arbys.com.
• CHEAP DRINKS — Sonic is extending its happy hour. That means half-price drinks and slushes all day.
• FREE APPETIZER/DESSERT — Chili’s is offering a free appetizer with purchase of an adult entree. The catch? You have to sign up for Chili’s e-mail club: chilis.fbmta.com/forms/chilis/join.aspx?imm_cid=93-9C&inputsource=HP.
• BOUTIQUE BARGAIN — The Xchange Boutique, 111 E. High St., is offering 10 percent off full-price merchandise on Tax Day.
• MAKIN’ COPIES — Need copies of your tax documents? The Jefferson City Staples is offering up to 30 black and white copies free.
McDonald’s doesn’t have a nationwide Tax Day promotion this year, but then again, you can only eat so much fast food in one day, right? So rest your arteries for a few days, then stop by McDonald’s on Thursday. You can buy a Big Mac, and get another for 25 cents.
If you know of any Tax Day deals, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll include them as updates to this online story.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting