Highway panel awards pavement contract
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded a contract to resurface several Mid-Missouri roadways during the upcoming construction season.
Under the contract awarded to Missouri Petroleum Products Company of St. Louis, the following roadways will receive a seal coat treatment:
• 4.5 miles of Route E in Cole County.
• 7.1 miles of Route U in Cole County.
• 6.5 miles of Route T in Moniteau County.
• 20 miles of Route C in Cole, Moniteau and Morgan counties.
• 5 miles of Route V in Cole and Moniteau counties.
The seal coating will help prevent water from entering cracks in the pavement and deteriorating the road.
By preventing water from entering the driving surface, the life of the highway pavement can be extended by several years.
Missouri Petroleum submitted the low bid of $941,759.
The work on each road will take place this summer and fall.
Motorists should expect lane closures and minor delays during construction.
More like this story
- Highways and Transportation Commission awards mid-Missouri construction projects
- Contracts awarded for highway projects
- Highway panel awards contracts for Mid-Missouri construction
- Highway panel awards contracts for road projects
- Highway Commission changes construction plans for Hurricane Deck bridge
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting