Insane Clown Posse sues FBI over Juggalos report
Thursday, September 27, 2012
FLINT, Mich. (AP) — Lawyers for rap-metal duo Insane Clown Posse have filed a lawsuit in Michigan seeking documents that would explain why the FBI considers its fans a gang.
The federal lawsuit says the FBI failed to timely respond to a 2011 request under the Freedom of Information Act.
Insane Clown Posse fans are known as Juggalos. Last year, the FBI included Juggalos in its national report on gangs.
The report doesn’t mention a direct connection to Insane Clown Posse, but says many Juggalos have “gang-like behavior” and commit crimes and violence. The report includes a picture of a Juggalo wearing face paint and aiming a gun.
The group says its fans are a “family,” not a gang.
Detroit FBI spokesman Simon Shaykhet declined comment Wednesday. The lawsuit was filed Tuesday in Flint.
More like this story
- Lake Area is no longer site for ICP festival
- Miller Co. Prosecuting Attorney urges Gathering of the Juggalos to gain proper license before returning to Mo.
- Insane Clown Posse feels qualified to do FUSE show
- Insane Clown Posse festival leaves Ill. for Mo.
- Insane Clown Posse festival leaves Illinois for central Missouri
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting