Mid-Missouri cattle auction sales stay steady
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Despite record temperatures and weeks without significant rainfall, the cattle auction industry in Mid-Missouri has avoided flatlining — though the rains and cooler temperatures this month have helped.
Officials at the Callaway Livestock Center in Kingdom City said sales have been fair and cattle have been healthy despite major spikes in hay prices and a lack of forage.
The USDA reported on Friday that market prices for hay were ....
More like this story
- Cattle auction sales stay steady, bounce back despite drought
- Heat and drought working hardship on Lake Area agriculture community
- Bolinger Siblings Work Together To Continue Versailles Livestock Auction Family Business
- Portions of Texas move back into severe drought
- Mo. farmers need big winter to make up for drought
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting