Mo. toddler’s death linked to E. coli infection
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — The Boone County medical examiner says the death of a 2-year-old boy from central Missouri has been linked to E. coli.
The Columbia Daily Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/Qm3W7y ) the medical examiner’s office said Wednesday the child’s death was linked to E. coli, but that an autopsy had not been conducted. The medical examiner’s office said the child was from the New Franklin area and died Tuesday at a hospital.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services did not immediately respond to questions about the case.
But Howard County Public Health Director Sheila Wallace says her office has begun looking for people with similar symptoms and the source of the infection.
E. coli bacteria can cause diarrhea, dehydration and other problems and is often worse in the very young and elderly.
Information from: Columbia Daily Tribune, http://www.columbiatribune.com
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting