New trial venue sought in faked hit-and-run fatal
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
KANSAS CITY (AP) — Attorney want to move the trial of a central Missouri couple charged in the killing of toddler whose injuries initially were blamed on a hit-and-run.
The Sedalia Democrat reported a hearing is set for Oct. 11 to consider the change-of-venue request from attorneys for 21-year-old Thomas Presley and 25-year-old Jamie Ann Litton — both of Stover.
They face one count each of second-degree murder in the death of Litton’s 3-year-old son, Blake Litton.
Authorities allege in court documents that Presley beat the boy and then reported he was injured after being struck by a hit-and-run driver along Missouri 135. Litton allegedly failed to seek medical treatment for him.
Attorneys for both defendants filed a media gag in July to prevent anyone involved from discussing the case.
More like this story
- New venue sought in trial of couple charged in toddler's death
- Morgan County man found guilty of first-degree murder in beating death of toddler
- Missouri man found guilty in death of 3-year-old
- Morgan Co. woman charged in son’s death to stand trial
- Missouri woman charged in son’s death to stand trial
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting