Schooled on school
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Students interested in pursing an education after high school are being offered a monthly seminar to learn essential information.
Jefferson City High School is hosting the seminar series, titled “College 101: The Basics.” The classes began Thursday morning and will continue monthly until April 11. The next class is scheduled for 7:45 a.m. on Oct. 11 and will help students decide how to select the right school for them.
Columbia College Admissions Counselor Dan Kruse walked students through a “giant umbrella overview” on Thursday about what they can expect in the meetings to come. He was speaking to a mix of sophomores, juniors and seniors.
“It’s best to start now with the end goal in mind,” he advised.
More like this story
- California High School Students to Attend Missouri Leadership Seminar
- GAO urges changes for student debit cards
- Younger Americans learning thrift the hard way
- Registration for POST criminal justice training classes at Columbia College–Lake of the Ozarks remains open
- Predators beware: Morgan Co. radKIDS can put up a fight
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting