Federal jury clears Lake-area cop
Friday, September 7, 2012
A federal jury has cleared an Osage Beach police officer on civil charges of using excessive force to break up a fight between two Lake of the Ozarks area residents outside a bar in Camden County in April 2010.
Sam Ford was accused of acting with “reckless indifference, gross negligence and excessive force” in injuring Eric Hauser during the incident.
The civil complaint had sought economic and non-economic damages on behalf of Hauser in excess of $100,000.
More like this story
- Lake Area law enforcement recently conducted compliance checks
- OB man arrested on drug charges
- Relay 4 Life Camden County to hold Ice Cream Social Saturday
- Update: Fire Marshal investigation shows blocked vent, ignited container started Dorsey's Pit Stop fire
- Lake of the Ozarks Bikefest rides in Thursday-Sunday