SW Mo. family suffers 2nd house fire
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
MORRISVILLE, Mo. (AP) — A southwest Missouri girl is getting the credit for saving her family from a fire that destroyed their mobile home.
The fire broke out around 3:30 a.m. Monday in Morrisville, about 20 miles northwest of Springfield.
KYTV reports (http://bit.ly/QjklZU) everyone was asleep when 8-year-old Tiffany Wells smelled smoke and screamed for her parents to wake up. Tiffany got out safely along with her parents, another adult and the family dog.
Morrisville Fire and Rescue Chief Nathaniel McKnight says the damage was so severe that it's hard to tell how it started.
It's the second time this year the Wells family has lost everything to fire. Kevin Wells says he and his wife and daughter were living in the mobile home because a chimney fire destroyed their previous home in January.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting