Conference center subsidy ahead?
Monday, October 15, 2012
The next Jefferson City Council work session will start by dealing with the question of whether a proposed conference center should receive any type of operating subsidy, an idea many council members have resisted.
To find the right solution for Jefferson City, officials could look at the examples of other cities throughout the state. The News Tribune looked at other facilities of comparable size to what Jefferson City is proposing, looking at ownership and funding of each.
In a previous work session, the council showed favor to the idea of a hotelier or developer ultimately owning the facility to keep the city clear of any liability. But that’s not how some other Missouri cities have chosen to proceed. ....
More like this story
- Council rejects subsidy for conference center
- Council reacts to Drury withdrawal, presentations from developers
- Your Opinion: Untimely decision to conduct conference center study
- Conference center one step closer with details of two proposals
- Officials may explore merging multipurpose, conference center projects
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting