MDC’s Wildlife Division gets new chief
Thursday, October 11, 2012
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Missouri Department of Conservation has named a new chief for its wildlife division.
The conservation department says in a release that Jennifer Battson will lead the division. She has been interim chief the division since Aug. 1. Battson replaces DeeCee Darrow, who retired in August.
Battson has been with the Conservation Department for 16 years. She says she has several goals for the division, including improving its ability to conserve and restore wildlife habitat and species.
More like this story
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife shutting down in Missouri
- 2013 hunting, trapping, fishing regulation booklets available from MDC
- MDC says protect young wildlife by leaving them alone
- MDC gets $1.1 million from USDA for privately owned wildlife habitat
- Driftwood Outdoors: Conservation and agriculture work together on habitat
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting