Woman, charged with killing her father, released on bond
Saturday, October 6, 2012
A Kansas City lawyer charged with murdering her father in his home near Sunrise Beach has been released from jail after posting a $1 million bond.
Susan E. Van Note, Kansas City, was released on Thursday after she posted a $1 million cash-only bond.
Van Note was transferred to the Camden County Adult Detention Center after being charged with murdering her father, William Van Note, in Boone County Circuit Court last month.
Van Note died at University Hospital in Columbia after being taken there for treatment following an October 2010 attack in his home. Earlier that evening, Van Note, 67, had called 911 reporting that he and his girlfriend, Sharon Dickson, 59, had been attacked in their home near Sunrise Beach. Dickson was pronounced dead at the scene, and Van Note was flown to Columbia where he was treated for multiple gunshot wounds and placed on life support.
More like this story
- Woman released on bond after being charged with murdering her father
- Court upholds order for murder suspect to return part of father’s estate
- KC lawyer charged with murdering her father in his Sunrise Beach home
- Lawyer’s trial in Lake-area double homicide delayed
- KC attorney’s posting of $1M bond raises questions in Lake area murder case
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting