Apple Fest blossoms this weekend in Versailles
Thursday, October 4, 2012
You’ll find much more than “an apple a day” at the Olde Tyme Apple Festival on Saturday in downtown Versailles.
“Our festival has grown to have attendance figures from 8,000-10,000 each year,” said Versailles Chamber of Commerce President Jim Dykzeul.
With some events starting on Thursday and Friday, the family-friendly festival will see an exciting time for all ages on Saturday. The festival parade begins at 10 a.m. Saturday and travels from Brown Road east to Missouri 52, then down Newton Street to the Courthouse Square and then south on Fisher Street, west on Jasper Street, and then south on Monroe Street and DeKalb Street.
This year, visitors can expect a healthy dose of Caribbean fun at the festival due to a “Jamaican My Day” theme, complete with a reggae band and steel drums.
For more information about the Olde Tyme Apple Festival or the pre-festival and post-festival activities, contact the Versailles Chamber of Commerce at 573-378-4401 or visit VersaillesChamber.com.
More like this story
- 'Jamaican My Day' at the Old Tyme Apple Festival Saturday in Versailles
- Relive the glory days and get ‘Jumpin’ and Jivin’ to the 1940s’
- Relish in ‘A Taste of the Country’
- Versailles Area Chamber of Commerce presents logo/design contest for 2013 Old Tyme Apple Festival
- Contests ahead for 2012 Apple Festival
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting