Drought, age force local Christmas tree farm to close
Sunday, November 25, 2012
For 23 years, Coe’s Tree Farm south of Fulton was a holiday tradition to many Callaway County families. But age and drought have combined to put an abrupt end to Jamie Coe’s six-acre Christmas tree farm on County Road 102 just south of Fulton.
“I have closed my tree farm. The drought really hit hard this summer. I am nearing retirement, and I wanted to quit my tree farm operation anyway,” Coe said.
Coe said all of the trees he planted during ....
More like this story
- Drought, age forces closure of local Christmas tree farm
- Callaway County events celebrate Christmas season
- Live Christmas trees making comeback with younger generations
- O Christmas tree, with so many styles, we adore thee
- Williamsburg woman receives lifetime achievement award from Conservation Federation
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting