Welding student shocked, but unhurt
Friday, November 23, 2012
A welding student at Nichols Career Center was shocked, but wasn’t injured during a recent incident, school officials reported.
The student accidentally touched the plug “in a manner they are trained not to do,” said David Luther, school spokesman.
The student received a shock strong enough to leave him slightly light-headed. He was taken to the nurse, and while he appeared to be fine, an ambulance was called and he was examined at a local hospital.
“He was okay,” Luther said.
More like this story
- Nichols instructor offers precise skills to welding students
- More young women trying their hands at non-traditional skills at Nichols Career Center
- Back to School 2014: Eldon Career Center, State Fair Community College further fuse partnership to include welding program
- Welding program aims to aid displaced workers
- Firm: Schools need private security
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting