Dismissed employee sues Fulton schools
Lawsuit alleges teacher fired after she called police
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
A longtime Fulton Public Schools employee sued the district in federal court Tuesday, saying she was fired in September for calling police about a student possibly having a gun at Fulton High School.
Ruth Burt says in the 12-page suit she’s a Callaway County resident employed by Fulton Public Schools for 22 years as Assistant to the Director of Health Service and Health clerk in the nurses office.”
Her lawyer, David Moen of Jefferson City, filed the suit in the U.S. District Court’s Jefferson City office, naming Superintendent Jacque Cowherd, Assistant Superintendent Suzanne Hull and five school board members as defendants.
More like this story
- Fired employee sues Fulton schools
- Former Fulton Public Schools staffer who filed suit against district to be on board of education ballot
- Parents file suit against South Callaway district
- Callaway County Sheriff's Office releases details on death of 6-year-old Fulton boy
- Miss. school discipline called too hard on kids
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting