Missouri Coach Pinkel finalizes divorce
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel is ending his 39-year marriage to the former Kent State cheerleader he met as a college football player.
Boone County court records show Gary and Vicki Pinkel finalized their divorce in mid-October after separating at the beginning of this year. They are the parents of three grown children.
Their legal agreement requires the coach to pay Vicki Pinkel $276,000 a year, or $23,000 per month, as long as he remains Missouri’s coach.
Pinkel earns a guaranteed annual salary of $2.35 million and is under contract through 2017. He was hired at Missouri in 2001.
The agreement allows Pinkel to keep his Columbia home, a Florida vacation home and two Lake of the Ozarks condominiums. His ex-wife gets a second Columbia home and a new minivan.
More like this story
- Pinkel Arrested for DWI/Suspended 1 Week Without Pay
- MU athletic director on Pinkel: Different situations warrant different punishments
- Special Olympics training campus planned in Columbia
- Dashboard video details Pinkel's DWI arrest
- Pinkel prepared to fix the problems that plagued Tigers this season