New Bloomfield schools to refinance more bonds
Friday, November 16, 2012
The New Bloomfield School District plans to refinance some more bonds next month, the district’s board of education was told Thursday night.
New Bloomfield School Superintendent David Tramel said a spokesman for L.J. Hart & Co. of St. Louis, which represents the board in issuing building construction bonds, will appear at next month’s board meeting and recommend refunding more bonds at a lower interest rate.
On Jan. 19, the board refinanced $1,130,000 in general obligation bonds at a lower interest rate, saving the district $131,215 in future interest payments.
“This second round of refunding of bonds also will save us a substantial amount of money,” Tramel said.
Tramel said the district has applied for a $20,000 state grant to erect flashing school zone signs along Route J in front of the elementary school in order to slow traffic through the area.
More like this story
- New Bloomfield schools to refinance additional bonds
- New Bloomfield school board reissues bonds, saves district $131,215 in interest expenses
- New Bloomfield schools save about $80K in bond refinancing
- New Bloomfield schools save $495,325 by refinancing bond
- NB Schools save nearly $80k in bond refinancing
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting