Unoccupied mobile home burns

Cole County Fire Protection District firefighters battled a blaze at an unoccupied mobile home Tuesday morning.

According to reports from the fire protection district, the call came in around 8:45 a.m. at 9924 Ferrin Ranch Road.

When crews got on the scene, smoke and flames were coming from the rear of the structure.

Firefighters had the blaze under control in about 20 minutes, but due to the amount of damage, the home is considered a total loss.

The Missouri state fire marshal’s office was called in to investigate, and eventually they determined a malfunction in a clothes dryer caused the fire.

No injuries were reported.

Read expanded news coverage daily in our newspaper or e-Edition. Newspaper subscribers: Click on an e-Edition article to log in using your current account information at no extra charge. For help, e-mail circ@newstribune.com.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments