Fire damages Mokane home

MOKANE, Mo. — A collection has started to aid victims of a Sunday afternoon fire in Mokane that heavily damaged the home of Lisa Underwood.

Read additional details in our newspaper or e-Edition. Newspaper subscribers: Click on an e-Edition article and log in using your current account information at no extra charge. For e-edition help, e-mail circ@newstribune.com. Click here to purchase the full version of archived articles.

Volunteer firemen from the South Callaway Fire Protection District and Central Fire Protection District responded to the fire at 3:13 p.m. Sunday at 319 First St.

Scott Meislin, general manager of the Super 8 Motel in Kingdom City, has started a collection to benefit Underwood, a former employee of the motel.

“Until about a year ago, Lisa worked here at the motel,” Meislin said. “We wanted to start a collection for her. So far, we have collected clothing, a couch, a loveseat, a washer and a dryer. People are responding. This motel is the official collection point for people to make their donations. We are located next to the Petro Truck Stop in Kingdom City,” Meislin said.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments