2 file suit over deadly St. Louis tent collapse

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Two people injured when a party tent collapsed outside a downtown St. Louis bar last month have filed suit against the bar and the company that leased and installed the tent.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/KYkKha ) reports that 45-year-old Janet Martinez and 25-year-old Kurt Volk, both of St. Louis, filed separate suits claiming significant injuries from the April 28 accident outside Kilroy’s Sports Bar near Busch Stadium.

About 100 people were injured and one killed when a sudden storm with strong winds blew over the party tent as fans from nearby Busch Stadium celebrated a Cardinals victory.

Kilroy’s owner Art Randall says he is not surprised by the suits and says his family is still struggling after the accident. A spokesman for Sun Rental declined comment.

———

Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments