Electrical short blamed for Saturday fire

Cole County firefighters determined Saturday a short in an electric stove caused the fire that damaged a kitchen in a vacant rental home near Henley.

Assistant Fire Chief Mike Rackers said firefighters got the call about 7 a.m. Saturday, and had the fire out by 7:30.

But, he said, the kitchen at 5522 S. Teal Bottom Road was “pretty well gutted.” He estimated the damage at $15,000-$20,000.

Rackers said no one was hurt.

Read additional details in our newspaper or e-Edition. Newspaper subscribers: Click on an e-Edition article and log in using your current account information at no extra charge. For e-edition help, e-mail circ@newstribune.com. Click here to purchase the full version of archived articles.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments