Where is the worst pothole in the city?
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Over the past few weeks, the News Tribune has received many comments about roads in need of repair within the city.
We’ve noted the section of road you mentioned and who is responsible for that section of the road and if it’s on the list to be fixed.
We’ve compiled the list. Now you can help us identify the worst pothole by voting at www.facebook.com/newstribune
• West Edgewood (on current overlay list)
• Tower, between Westwood and Primrose (Director of Public Works Roger Schwartze was unaware of a problem there.)
• McCarty, between the Truman Building and Monroe (Schwartze: The water company is planning repairs this year, which will hold off any road work to that area)
• Dunklin, from Jackson to Clark (Schwartze: That’s concrete pavement, a little rough)
• West Edgewood, from Stadium to South Country Club Drive (on current overlay list)
• Spot by Moreau Heights School on Hough Park Road and Moreau Drive (Schwartze said he hadn’t been on that road for a while)
• Railroad crossing on West McCarty (Schwartze: that’s a problem that’s very difficult to solve. “We’re not going to be able to do a whole lot to make that much better,” he said.)
• Dix Road, from Walgreens to United Missouri Bank
• McCarty Street, in general (Schwartze: Yes, we’re aware of McCarty Street, it’s on our list, we just haven’t gotten to it.)
• Monroe, toward McCarty (on current overlay list)
Readers did raise five other road sections. But those five sections either are maintained by MoDOT or are awaiting MoDOT work that must be done before the city can perform its work.
Those five sections are:
• Lafayette to Dunklin (Schwartze: MoDOT is doing work to build the new interchange on 63, so city will not perform any work until that project is finished)
• 179 and Woodman (MoDOT maintained)
• Jackson Street bridge (MoDOT maintained)
• Clark Street overpass (MoDOT maintained)
• Dix Road overpass (MoDOT maintained)
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting