Guard trains on disaster-relief techniques
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Missouri Guardsmen recently conducted a disaster-relief training exercise during their two-week annual training.
The scenario, Operation Dam Busters, had Missouri Guardsmen respond to a break in the Bagnell Dam on the Osage River.
“Leading up to the exercise, about 17 unit members were trained up on the unit’s equipment for about 10 days,” said Maj. Vaughn Brown, commander of with Company B, 1st Battalion, 376th Aviation Regiment.
More like this story
- Guardsmen take to the ring this weekend
- Missouri Guard engineers to conduct training in Guantanamo Bay
- Unannounced hazardous materials drill conducted Wednesday at Fulton hospital
- Missouri National Guard task force continues support operations in Joplin
- Ameren hosts drill on how to deal with catastrophic dam failure
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting