Old Fire Station 2: Classic Americana now, cutting edge in 1935
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Perhaps millions of feet of hose have been used in training up and down the city’s first drill tower for fire service.
The essential tool for new firefighters was built with Fire Station 2 at 915 Miller St. And the Jefferson City Fire Department continued to use the tower for training into the 1990s, even when the station had been vacated 20 years earlier.
Fire Station 2 was named a city Landmark last month and the city department will mark its 100th anniversary as a paid institution in October.