Unique architecture restored in cottage
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Vines growing inside through the windows; black, bubbling varnish on the builtin woodwork; and a driveway sliding down the back hillside — the 1200 block of Moreland Avenue home turned out to be more than Kelsey and Jeremy Hilburn anticipated.
Yet, the young couple loved the mystical, German-style home and, even more, enjoyed working together on 100 percent of the restoration work.
More than three years after purchasing the stucco-clad two-story, the Hilburns’ nearly have completed the needed care. And the Historic City of Jefferson has noticed with the June Golden Hammer Award.
More like this story
- Hard work, dedication gives Moreau Drive bungalow a new life
- Oscar Burch House has seen numerous changes over years
- Moreau Drive Historic District listed in the National Register of Historic Places
- Fulton Heritage Fund to host annual tour of historic homes
- Police shoot, kill driver after Capitol Hill chase (VIDEO)
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting