Freedom sells 4 Midwest newspapers
Saturday, June 2, 2012
IRVINE, Calif. (AP) — Freedom Communications Inc. has completed the sale of four newspapers in the Midwest to an affiliate of Versa Capital Management LLC.
Terms were not disclosed.
The four newspapers are The Telegraph in Alton, Ill., the Journal-Courier in Jacksonville, Ill., The Sedalia Democrat in Sedalia, Mo., and The Lima News in Lima, Ohio.
Irvine, Calif.-based Freedom owns The Orange County Register and dozens of other newspapers, along with television stations and websites.
The privately held company emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2010 after creditors, led by JPMorgan Chase, cut its debt by nearly 60 percent to $325 million in return for control of the company.
More like this story
- New York Times selling regional papers for $143M
- San Diego developer to buy city’s main newspaper
- Barrington Broadcasting places current report on its website
- Leifeste is the new vice president and general manager of Central Missouri Newspapers Inc.
- Fake News Sites Marketers Settle Deceptive Advertising Charges