Rehab of local homes leads to children's book
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Once upon a time, a house became a home.
The true story of a deserted Moreau Drive bungalow rehabilitated and filled with a couple and their black labrador Libby is featured in “The Little Brick House,” a recently published children’s book.
Anita Lael, a professor at Lincoln University, and her husband, Steve, found the home in need of attention at the corner with Lee Street in February 2010.
More like this story
- Hard work, dedication gives Moreau Drive bungalow a new life
- Naval Academy experience provides local veteran career opportunities
- JCHS leadership class provides manpower, inspiration for projects
- Area illustrator creates abstract art for children’s book
- Literacy program to feature children’s author, illustrator