Firefighters battle blaze in residence
Originally published July 25, 2012 at 8:43 a.m., updated July 25, 2012 at 8:43 a.m.
An unattended cigarette is believed to have started at house fire in Cole County early Tuesday morning.
Firefighters from the Cole County Fire Protection District responded around 5:20 a.m. to a report of a house fire northeast of Eugene.
Upon arrival to the residence on Hickory Hill Road about one-half mile east of U.S. 54, firefighters discovered the attic area appeared to be involved in flames.
The residents had evacuated safely from the building.
The fire was reported to be under control at 5:55 a.m.
The investigation found the fire started on the deck of the home and worked its way up the outside of house.
The deck and front of the house, along with an upstairs bedroom, suffered damage.
No estimate on damage was given.
No injuries were reported.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting