Paul Vitzthum honored as State Employee of the Month
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Many staff members from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources performed above and beyond their normal duties to ensure the best possible assistance to those affected by the May 2011 tornado in Joplin.
But the behind-the-scenes efforts of Paul Vitzthum from the Southwest Regional Office merited further recognition, said Glennis Evans and Richard Barnes, who nominated him for the State Employee of the Month.
Since the 2003 spring storms which destroyed large portions of Pierce City, Stockton and Battlefield, Vitzthum has served as the office’s disaster coordinator.
More like this story
- Brian Allen, April State Employee of the Month
- Honoring ‘unsung heroes’ of the criminal justice system
- Gov. Nixon declares state of emergency in response to severe storms, including tornadoes, across Missouri
- Brian Miller: May State Employee of the Month
- Fulton man serves duty in Joplin as fireman, National Guardsman
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting