Your Opinion: Attributes of suspected terrorists
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
I received some bad news from the Department of Homeland Securities report, “Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States, 1970–2008.” This report was dated Jan. 31, 2012 and in this report there is a list of those attributes that are useful in determining if an individual could be suspected of being a terrorist.
The attributes are:
• Americans who believe that their way of life is under attack.
• Americans who are fiercely nationalist (as opposed to universal and international in orientation).
• People who consider themselves as anti-global (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty).
• Americans who are suspicious of centralized federal authority.
• Americans who are reverent of individual liberty.
• People who believe in conspiracy theories that involve a grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.
• People opposed to abortion and groups that seek to smite the purported enemies of God and other evildoers as terrorists.
I must confess that I have some of these attributes, but didn’t realize that I could be viewed by law enforcement as an individual that bears further watching as a suspected terrorist. As you read this please don’t tell law enforcement.
What is noticeably absent from these attributes is a description of those individuals that drove the airplanes into the twin towers on Sept. 11 nor, of the Army Major that shot and killed several of his fellow soldiers at Fort Hood. In order to appease, the Obama administration changes the terminology of “War on Terror” to “Overseas Contingency Operations,” among many other silly moves.
Remember this is the guy who told us before being elected that he would sit down with Mahmoud Ahmedinajad and discuss Iran’s nuclear objectives and get him to stop developing nuclear capabilities. Where do you start a discussion with someone when their first objective is to kill you? Do you compromise and counter with, rather than kill me just cut off both my legs? It is typical of the “so called” intellectual elite that Obama and his administration are full of.
I guess if you asked, the Obamabots would consider our founding fathers radicals that would bear further watching. Wait a minute; King George also thought they were terrorists, didn’t he! Maybe Obama has more in common with King George than he does with us regular citizens.