Dock electrical systems should be inspected periodically
Fire districts make recommendations
Sunday, July 8, 2012
The electrocutions of 13-year-old Alexandra Anderson and her 8-year-old brother, Brayden Anderson, last week at the Lake of the Ozarks have been blamed on an insufficient electrical system connected to the dock where the Ashland children were swimming.
Officers said the dock had several electrically powered devices including a boat lift, but was not equipped with a grounding device designed to automatically shut off the current if an electrical malfunction occurred.
In the Lake region, seven fire protection districts inspect docks, including electrical safety.
Click on Lake of the Ozarks section, then Dock Electrical Safety at www.amerenmissouri.com
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting