Forums on proposed library levy increase set
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Supporters of a proposed 10-cent property tax increase for Missouri River Regional Library on the Aug. 7 ballot are hosting a series of informational meetings in July.
Tricia Schlechte, board treasurer and chairwoman of the ad hoc committee set up to study the levy issue, said the proposed levy increase would allow the library to continue to offer quality programs and services to residents in Cole and Osage counties.
If the levy issue passes, a person with a home valued at $100,000, would pay about $20 more a year with the 10-cent increase.
Public meetings to discuss the proposed levy increase will be held:
• 7 p.m. July 9 at the American Legion Hall, 204 N. Highway 63, Freeburg.
• 7 p.m. July 10 at Cole R-5 High School, 14803 Highway 17, Eugene.
• 7 p.m. July 12 at the Linn Community Center, 1811 Highway 50, Linn.
• 6:15 p.m. July 14 at St. Joseph’s School cafeteria, 123 E. Main St., Westphalia.
• 7 p.m. July 17 at St. Thomas School cafeteria, St. Thomas.
• 7 p.m. July 18 at Russellville Elementary School cafeteria, 13600 Route C, Russellville.
• 7 p.m. July 19 at Fire Department meeting room, 6708 Route W, Wardsville.
• 7 p.m. July 19 at Pioneer Trail School cafeteria, 301 Pioneer Trail Drive, Jefferson City.
• 6:30 p.m. July 24 at Jefferson City Council chambers, 320 E. McCarty St.
• 1 p.m. July 30 at Jefferson City Council chambers, 320 E. McCarty St.
• 6:30 p.m. July 31, Centertown, City Hall, 1227 Main St., Centertown.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting