Jefferson City Civil War re-enactment set for May 4-6
Monday, January 30, 2012
Budgets approved; money secured. The Civil War re-enactment is a go in Jefferson City on May 4-6.
Hosted by the Collins Battery B re-enactment unit, the event will be generic in nature since no battle took place in Jefferson City during the Civil War.
It will be the first maximum effort event, sanctioned by the Missouri Civil War Re-enactors Association, in the state for 2012.
Those interested in volunteering to help organize and host this event should attend the first organizational meeting of the Jefferson City Civil War Re-enactment Committee at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Wall Street Insurance, 211 Marshall St.
Volunteers spent three years fundraising to cover the costs of the previous two, local re-enactments in 2009 and 2006.
More like this story
- Jim Hickman helps marshal forces for this weekend’s Civil War re-enactment
- Camden Co. Historical Society gets grant for Civil War Re-enactment
- Civil War re-enactors to converge on Binder Lake
- Lake offers first Civil War re-enactment
- Camden County Historical Society looks for volunteers, donations in preparation for largest Civil War re-enactment to take place at Lake of the Ozarks