Your Opinion: CVB board member backs ballot issue
Monday, January 9, 2012
I have called Jefferson City my home since 1972. I have made many friends and have enjoyed becoming a part of the Jefferson City community through the Chamber, Convention and Visitors Bureau and many volunteer organizations.
I was excited to work on the focus group to prioritize ideas for the growth and economic development of Jefferson City. As a board member of the Convention and Visitors Bureau, one of my focuses was the preservation of the Missouri State Penitentiary. This past year we had over 17,000 visitors to the site. This means an economic impact on our city for restaurants, hotels, retail stores, gas stations, the list goes on and on. There are many tours booked for the 2012 season.
We are on the threshold of placing Jefferson City on the map, in terms of progress and pride in our community. Transform Jefferson City, your vote yes on Feb. 7 will give us the opportunity to put these actions to work and provide our children with a progressive community that we can be proud of.
More like this story
- Around the Lake: Old Tyme Apple Festival places first in ‘Best of Rural Missouri’
- Around the Lake: Why is tourism is economic development
- Vacancies left on city boards, commissions
- Around the Lake: Thousands to enjoy Olde Tyme Apple Festival Saturday
- Around the Lake: Chamber honors its members, citizens; preps for big events on the horizon
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting