Charge dropped against driver in fatal shooting
Friday, January 6, 2012
Charges against one of the two men believed to be involved in the killing of a man in an Apache Flats mobile home park last month were dismissed Thursday.
Rafel Fuentes, 23, California, Mo., had been charged with second-degree murder and hindering prosecution.
Prosecutor Mark Richardson said Thursday the charges were dismissed in open court, during Fuentes’ already scheduled court appearance in front of Associate Circuit Judge Tom Sodergren.
“The evidence, as it became more fully developed, showed that a single shooter acted alone in this incident,” Richardson said.
Jose Hurtado, 22, California, still is facing a second-degree murder charge in the Dec. 18, 2011, killing of Francisco Navarro. Hurtado remains in the Cole County Jail on a $500,000 bond..