Fire destroys home of Callaway veterinarian

Smoking debris at the home of Kitty Barnett, 3710 Route KK, is all that remains after a fire erupted last week. Barnett, a Fulton veterinarian, and her son, Travis, were at home when the fire started. They were not injuried but two cats died in the fire.

Smoking debris at the home of Kitty Barnett, 3710 Route KK, is all that remains after a fire erupted last week. Barnett, a Fulton veterinarian, and her son, Travis, were at home when the fire started. They were not injuried but two cats died in the fire. Photo by Don Norfleet.

Fulton veterinarian Kitty Barnett and her son Travis were at home last week when a fire that destroyed her rural residence started.

Read additional details in our newspaper or e-Edition. Newspaper subscribers: Click on an e-Edition article and log in using your current account information at no extra charge. For e-edition help, e-mail circ@newstribune.com. Click here to purchase the full version of archived articles.

Fortunately, no injuries were reported.

“I heard a loud pop,” Barnett said, “I think the fire may have been caused by an electrical malfunction. The fire started in the living room near an electrical power strip.”

“It moved so fast,” Barnett said. “We tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher but the fire spread so rapidly.”

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments