Extension voting goes electronic for first time
Sunday, December 30, 2012
Voting opens Wednesday for 14 candidates running for 10 seats from three districts for the University of Missouri Extension Council in Cole County.
Residents within the county have been invited to vote annually for council members for decades, though participation has been low in recent years. Cole County for the first time will host the elections online at www.extension.missouri.edu/cole.
Anyone age 18 and older who lives in Cole County may cast one ballot online or at the extension office, 2436 Tanner Bridge Road.
Some Missouri counties have been using online voting for awhile, but other counties like Moniteau and Morgan, which will not begin paper elections until Jan. 14-25, are not ready to make the change over.
More like this story
- Camden County MU Extension Council elections coming up Jan. 14-18
- Moniteau County Extension Council Election
- Your Opinion: Extension offers wide-ranging array of programs
- Residents can vote in new MU Extension district positions
- Nominations due today for those seeking candidacy on the Camden County University of Missouri Extension Council
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting