Extension voting goes electronic for first time
Sunday, December 30, 2012
Voting opens Wednesday for 14 candidates running for 10 seats from three districts for the University of Missouri Extension Council in Cole County.
Residents within the county have been invited to vote annually for council members for decades, though participation has been low in recent years. Cole County for the first time will host the elections online at www.extension.missouri.edu/cole.
Anyone age 18 and older who lives in Cole County may cast one ballot online or at the extension office, 2436 Tanner Bridge Road.
Some Missouri counties have been using online voting for awhile, but other counties like Moniteau and Morgan, which will not begin paper elections until Jan. 14-25, are not ready to make the change over.
More like this story
- Camden County MU Extension Council elections coming up Jan. 14-18
- Vote in the upcoming Camden County University of Missouri Extension Council elections next week
- Nominees selected for Extension Council
- Moniteau County Extension Council Election
- Camden County MU Extension Council elections held through Friday
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting