Capital Mall has new owner
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
General Growth Properties (GGP) has sold Jefferson City’s Capital Mall, and it now is being managed by a Chicago-based property management group that says the mall will stay open and become “bigger and better.”
As of Monday, neither GGP nor the new managers would name the buyer. No one has stepped forward to announce the purchase.
“GGP no longer owns Capital Mall. That’s all the information I can share with you at this time,” David Keating, GGP’s vice president of corporate communications, told the News Tribune in an e-mailed response.
No purchase price has been announced, either.
The Cole County Assessor’s Office appraises the mall property in three sections, for a total appraised value of $15.2 million.
More like this story
- Refinancing your mortgage? Understand appraisals
- BizBeat: Earnings report says Capital Mall sold for $11M
- Who proposes to build a conference center for Jefferson City?
- General Growth's Faneuil Hall Marketplace sold for $140 million
- Readers ask Transformation plan’s critics: What is your biggest objection?