Holts Summit eyes request to put liquor-by-drink on election ballot
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
The Holts Summit Board of Aldermen was asked Monday night to allow a public vote on whether to permit bars to offer liquor by the drink.
Under state law, the Board of Aldermen in cities the size of Holts Summit are not authorized to allow liquor by the drink without approval by the voters.
The request for licensing a bar with liquor by the drink came from the owner of Doc N Ray’s, a Holts Summit establishment that wants to serve liquor in addition to beer.
Mayor Lucas Fitzpatrick said he thought there would be little or no objection by current aldermen to placing the liquor-by-the-drink issue before voters.
More like this story
- Holts Summit considers placing issue of liquor-by-the-drink on election ballot
- Holts Summit aldermen pass resolution for second reactor
- Why nuclear resolution was sidetracked in Holts Summit
- Fulton YMCA explores expansion of services to Holts Summit area
- Public disc golf course suggested at Holts Summit’s Greenway Park
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting