Maries Co. Sheriff asks for help to solve home burglaries
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Members of the Maries County Sheriff’s Office are currently investigating a string of burglaries in their county.
Over the past 45 days a total of 12 burglary reports have been taken.
Of the 12 reported burglaries five have been cleared and seven remain unsolved.
"This is an unusually high number for us, and the suspects are typically breaking into the houses during the daylight hours and stealing mainly jewelry," said Sheriff Chris Heitman. "I believe the suspects are monitoring the houses prior to the break-ins because no one has been home when the crimes were committed."
The sheriff’s office is currently investigating a couple leads and two suspects have been interviewed.
Some of the stolen property has been recovered along a county road and it is being examined for possible evidence that could link it to the suspects.
There is already a reward out leading to the arrests of the suspects.
If anyone has information on these cases they are urged to contact the Maries County Sheriff’s Office at 573-422-3381.
More like this story
- Homeowner holds burglary suspect at gunpoint until deputies arrive
- Four subjects booked while detectives investigate recent Morgan County burglary spree
- Lawmen: 20 burglaries may be connected
- Law enforcement agencies seek public’s help in tracking down individuals involved in recent burglaries
- Callaway County Sheriff's Office arrests four for Holts Summit thefts, burglaries
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting