Breastfeeding rally slated Saturday
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Every year, the first seven days of August mark National Breastfeeding Week in an attempt by local, state, federal and international groups to draw attention to breastfeeding.
The Cole County Health Department is encouraging local moms to come and be a part of a “Big Latch On” event Saturday in Jefferson City.
The event will begin at 10 a.m. on the south lawn of the Missouri Capitol. An international latch on event will occur at 10:30 a.m.
More like this story
- Local events encourage healthiest options for mothers, infants
- More mothers are breastfeeding
- Local businesses, agencies honored for their support of breastfeeding
- Health Beat: Nurse Practitioner says breastfeeding benefits both baby and mother
- County Health, coalition use cutouts to promote breastfeeding
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting