Week of the Young Child begins Sunday
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Getting an early start on learning will be a big focus of Jefferson City’s efforts to celebrate Week of the Young Child this year, which begins Sunday and ends April 28.
Week of the Young Child, a national movement, was established to help put the focus back on the world’s youngest citizens: Children and their needs.
Theresa Verslues, vice president of the United Way of Central Missouri, said the National Association for the Education of Young Children sponsors the annual week and has made the purpose children, their families and the programs who help meet their needs.
More like this story
- United Way is driving force behind upcoming Week of the Young Child
- Our Opinion: Week of Young Child illuminates integral role of parents
- Setting Children Up For Success: Celebrating families at Children’s Learning Center
- Events set for Week of the Young Child
- Serving the community through literary edcuation
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting