Vietnam veteran achieves dream of flying through service in the Air Force
Monday, September 19, 2011
For local veteran Dayton Shepherd, the Vietnam War provided the opportunity to embrace a career in aviation with beginnings traced back to the dreams of childhood.
“I recall wanting to become pilot since I was 10 years old,” said Shepherd.
Raised on a family farm near Centralia, Shepherd’s journey took flight shortly after his graduation from Centralia High School in 1962.
More like this story
- Kingdom Pilots Association pancake breakfast returns to Fulton airport
- Local veteran served as combat aviator during World War II
- Veteran shares story of service in prominent service organization
- Students experience delight of flight at Fulton’s airport
- Leaving a Lake Legacy: Young Eagles encourages future in aviation
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting