Fall Muster to honor late Civil War enthusiast
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
FULTON, Mo. — There were few members of the Elijah Gates Camp Sons of Confederate Veterans who were as enthusiastic as the late James O. Harrison.
As they mark the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the 15th anniversary of their camp’s founding at their annual Fall Muster on Oct. 8, Elijah Gates members also will pay tribute to Harrison, who died in July at the age of 70.
“He was a longtime member and the head of our color guard; it was kind of a blow to us,” said treasurer Wayne Sampson. “We’re just going to do a remembrance ceremony where some people might tell a few stories about him.”
More like this story
- Elijah Gates fall muster to honor late Civil War enthusiast
- Sons of Confederate Veterans hold 10th Fall Muster Oct. 12
- Fall Muster to feature speech on Union evacuation of Missouri counties
- Civil War reenactors share history knowledge
- Sons of Confederate Veterans select marker for Moore's Mill burial
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting