Camping can be a great family-bonding experience
Sunday, September 11, 2011
After getting a sneak peak at fall temperatures, we can’t wait to get outside and enjoy cooler evenings over a campfire. We’ve sought out a few primitive campsites nearby that offer the joy of the outdoors without the heavy maintenance of owning a camper.
Dads — take the kids out for a weekend while Mom takes some time to herself. Invite another dad and his kids along to share the adventure. Moms — pack a cooler with some no-mess snacks and enjoy exploring nature before snuggling up in a tent for bedtime stories. Families — plan a multi-family outing to roast hot dogs and s’mores.
More like this story
- Keeping the Lake Afloat: Campfire tales to remember
- Firepits, fireplaces help homeowners bring comforts of inside to back yard
- Column: Floating is one way to beat the heat
- 4-H camps offer unique experience at exceptional value
- Missouri’s diverse collection of outdoor playgrounds gets national attention
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting