Churches join together to create community center

Mark Dumas, left, and Terry Williamson erect a wall inside the Old Town Center on the corner of Atchison Street and Clark Avenue.

Mark Dumas, left, and Terry Williamson erect a wall inside the Old Town Center on the corner of Atchison Street and Clark Avenue. Photo by Stephen Brooks.

Serving this Jefferson City neighborhood won’t look like a worship service. And the interior won’t look like a sanctuary.

But rays of light soon will shine through many, large windows to illuminate a place for community at 1015 E. Atchison St.

Read additional details in our newspaper or e-Edition. Newspaper subscribers: Click on an e-Edition article and log in using your current account information at no extra charge. For e-edition help, e-mail circ@newstribune.com. Click here to purchase the full version of archived articles.

The Old Town Revitalization Company, which owns the building, has contracted with a group of churches to open the Old Town Community Center.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments