Library events to mark 150th anniversary of Civil War
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Jefferson City’s library is marking the 150th anniversary of the Civil War with several public events, including an appearance by “Abraham Lincoln.”
The events celebrate the sesquicentennial of the Civil War, but also encourage the community to read Missouri River Regional Library’s Capital READ selection, “March.”
The public is invited to an evening with Abraham Lincoln, as played by Mark Rehagen, on Oct. 18.
More like this story
- History day to honor Civil War anniversary
- Exhibit on President Lincoln’s constitutional troubles visits LU
- Celebration for 150th anniversary of creation of ‘Kingdom of Callaway’ set for Sept. 30
- ‘An evening with Abraham Lincoln and Friends’ set for Thursday
- Moore’s Mill panel dedication to feature meal, local communities
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting